Relationship tips come in two different sizes; size one is dating tips and size number two is marriage tips. Whatever size you’re currently wearing remember that the tips are not that different. If you learn to relate to someone nicely when you’re dating, chances are great that if you do get married that you will get along pretty well. On the other hand, if you can’t stand your date while you’re dating, the chance of you getting married to that date is pretty slim, don’t you agree?
Marriage Relationship Problems are like clothes, they come in different sizes. And a perfect marriage is like Bigfoot, it’s a myth. But even though perfection is impossible to get in any relationship there are ways to make it successful; enjoyable even. Here are ten dating and marriage relationship tips that you should either avoid or embrace, if you want to keep the fire alive in any marriage or dating relationship:
These relationship tips apply to both sizes of relationships, but more slightly to couples who are married:
1. Don’t try to change each other, change yourselves. Trying to force your ideals onto your partner is looking for trouble. You cannot make your spouse into the “perfect” partner. If you want to correct his/her bad habits provide your partner with support and encouragement, avoid nagging, it’ll just make things worse.
2. Talk, talk, talk. In all relationships, communication is the key; it’s the glue that keeps it together. So the more you talk to each other the stronger the bond between you will be.
3. Keep things intimate. This is why you have a girl or a boyfriend or even got married. If you still have inhibitions even though you’re already married, why get married in the first place? (This is the type of marriage tips, or even dating tips that should come natural to everybody.) If there is no intimacy in a relationship that is supposed to be intimate, then what is the point in continuing in that relationship?
4. Accept each other’s shortcomings. Marriage means you accept each other’s flaws. Try and appreciate what makes you different from each other. Remember that perfection is unattainable.
5. Ignore the little things. All marriages go through their own shares of problems, some big and some small. So why not concentrate all your energy on the big problems and let the little, insignificant ones slide. Don’t make mountains out of molehills.
6. Pick your battles. Arguments are a given in any relationships. If it can’t be avoided, at least make sure you argue about something important.
7. Boys/girls night out. Give yourselves some space. Once in a while go out with your friends. This will help keep your sanity. Just staring everyday at the same person can be quite tedious sometimes.
8. Never, ever take each other for granted. Take the time to appreciate each other. Give each other gifts every once in a while. Make your partner feel special.
9. Have date nights. Marriage doesn’t mean that you should stop dating. On the contrary dating is actually essential to keep the relationship fresh. It don’t matter what the two of you do; movie and dinner, bowling, or just having a beer and shooting the breeze. The important thing is that you get to spend some time together, just the two of you.
10. Forgive each other. Never bear a grudge. If you are wronged, just try to remember that you love that other person, even though that person can do some things that really push your buttons sometimes. Be the mature one and just forgive.
It is easier said than done when it comes to keeping things running as a well oiled machine in any relationship, however, success is always on the side of those who do their best to work on their relationship. If you work at it, you can overcome marriage relationship problems.
Folks, these are just few of the relationship tips that I call dating tips and marriage tips (the different but equal relationship knowhow) that will make any relationship longer lasting, vibrant, and your friends insanely jealous.